ESPN.com reported</a>, citing unidentified sources familiar with the matter.” data-reactid=”36″>Former Knicks star Charles Oakley, who last month hinted at legal action, is expected to file a civil suit soon in response to his highly publicized February run-in with Madison Square Garden security guards, ESPN.com reported, citing unidentified sources familiar with the matter.
In the aftermath of the incident during a Knicks-Clippers game, Oakley said he would consider suing team and arena owner James Dolan, even after accepting a deal in which all charges from the incident were dropped.
According to ESPN.com, Oakley’s attorney, Alex Spiro, said last month that Oakley would pursue “all civil remedies” based on the incident Feb. 8.
Oakley was arrested after the run-in with Garden security, and Dolan suggested that the former Knicks player had an alcohol problem and anger-management issues, subsequently banning him from the arena.
Leading up to the incident, Oakley, who played for the Knicks from 1988-98, had been critical of the Knicks in general and Dolan in particular.